Several African presidents are heading to Zambia to attend the inauguration of the President-Elect Hakainde Hichilema.
The ceremony will be held at the Heroes National Stadium in Lusaka.
Tanzania’s Samia Suluhu left Dar es Salaam on Tuesday morning; South Africa’s Cyril Ramaphosa has also left for Lusaka;
Botswana’a Mokgweetsi Masisi arrived in Lusaka on Monday and had various engaments including a meeting with Batswana living there;
Zimbabwe’s President Emmerson Mnangagwa is already in Lusaka for the inauguration.
Other delegations have been sent to represent different heads of state in the ceremony.
- Mali’s army says 17 soldiers, 4 civilians killed in Tessit attack
- From al-Shabab to the cabinet: Somalia’s move fuels debate
- Chad military govt agrees to launch peace talks with opposition
- London’s Horniman Museum to return Benin Bronzes to Nigeria
- ‘We’re also starving’: Ethiopia’s Afar says aid only going to Tigray