U.S. President Joe Biden, in a call with Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta on Thursday, discussed the crisis in Ethiopia’s Tigray region, the White House said.
Biden and Kenyatta “discussed the deteriorating humanitarian and human rights crises in Ethiopia’s Tigray region and the need to prevent further loss of life and ensure humanitarian access,” the White House said in a statement.
The United States has expressed concern over the crisis in Tigray, where the Ethiopian government has claimed victory over a rebellious regional government in a conflict that began in November.
- Egypt’s pyramid of Cheops explored in virtual reality in Paris
- Burkina: NGOs denounce “extrajudicial executions of more than 40 people”
- Sudan: More than 50 dead from floods triggered by seasonal torrential rains
- Calls for peace in Kenya as presidential race tightens
- Mali’s army says 17 soldiers, 4 civilians killed in Tessit attack