The Chinese embassy has urged its citizens to evacuate three provinces in the east of the Democratic Republic of Congo as soon as possible.
The notice follows several cases of armed robbery and kidnappings of Chinese nationals in the region’s mines in recent days.
The three provinces are North Kivu, Ituri and South Kivu.
Chinese nationals in areas at risk to report to the mission by 10 December.
- NATO chief invites Russia to new talks as Ukraine tensions mount Moscow
- Texas synagogue gunman was known to British intelligence:
- Nigerian separatist Kanu faces new charges as trial resumes
- Libya elections: Delay called for in presidential poll
- Madagascar: Minister ‘swims for 12 hours’ after helicopter crashes at sea