The last general election was held in Ethiopia in 2015Image caption: The last general election was held in Ethiopia in 2015
Ethiopia’s electoral body says it is experiencing challenges in the ongoing voter registration exercise.
The distribution of material in some regions has proved difficult because of logistics and security issues that have led to displacement of some voters, the board says.
Only 25,151 of the 50,000 registration centres countrywide were operational, the state-owned Ethiopian News Agency quotes board chairperson Birtukan Mideksa as saying.
The board postponed registration that was previously due to start on 1 March citing lack of support from regional governments.
The country is expected to hold elections on 5 June and voter registration ends on 23 April.
- Mali’s army says 17 soldiers, 4 civilians killed in Tessit attack
- From al-Shabab to the cabinet: Somalia’s move fuels debate
- Chad military govt agrees to launch peace talks with opposition
- London’s Horniman Museum to return Benin Bronzes to Nigeria
- ‘We’re also starving’: Ethiopia’s Afar says aid only going to Tigray