Six secondary school students from the Democratic Republic of Congo have been banned from attending any school in the country after a sex tape they filmed was shared widely, Actualite Congo website reports.
The students were expelled following a directive by Education Minister Tony Mwaba.
The video was filmed outside their school in the capital, Kinshasa, but shows them wearing their school uniforms.
Fve school boys and one girl can be seen in the video.
Human Rights Minister Albert-Fabrice Puela has however said the ban contravenes children’s rights.
- Mali’s army says 17 soldiers, 4 civilians killed in Tessit attack
- From al-Shabab to the cabinet: Somalia’s move fuels debate
- Chad military govt agrees to launch peace talks with opposition
- London’s Horniman Museum to return Benin Bronzes to Nigeria
- ‘We’re also starving’: Ethiopia’s Afar says aid only going to Tigray