Reports from Nigeria’s Niger state say at least 18 people were killed on Monday after gunmen on motorbikes attacked a mosque in Maza-Kuka community.
Many other worshippers were injured.
Villagers said a large group of attackers stormed the mosque and opened fire as the victims were holding early morning prayers.
Local police said one of the attackers was killed by security forces.
- Mali’s army says 17 soldiers, 4 civilians killed in Tessit attack
- From al-Shabab to the cabinet: Somalia’s move fuels debate
- Chad military govt agrees to launch peace talks with opposition
- London’s Horniman Museum to return Benin Bronzes to Nigeria
- ‘We’re also starving’: Ethiopia’s Afar says aid only going to Tigray