The traffic accident happened early on Monday when a freight truck carrying about 25 passengers skidded off the road and overturned, killing 12 people and injuring several others, the South Gondar Zone Communication Office in Amhara regional state said in a statement according to the Xinhuanet.
The freight truck was carrying food grains in addition to the passengers on board, it said.
The statement further said the police attributed the cause of the accident to possible overloading of the freight vehicle or a failure to observe local traffic rules.
- Mali’s army says 17 soldiers, 4 civilians killed in Tessit attack
- From al-Shabab to the cabinet: Somalia’s move fuels debate
- Chad military govt agrees to launch peace talks with opposition
- London’s Horniman Museum to return Benin Bronzes to Nigeria
- ‘We’re also starving’: Ethiopia’s Afar says aid only going to Tigray