A man’s chilling confession to killing at least 10 children has topped Kenyan newspaper headlines.
Masten Milimo Wanjala, 20, was arrested on Wednesday after investigations into the recent killings of two children.
The children’s bodies were found dumped in Kabete area near the capital Nairobi.
Wanjala confessed to killing the two children and nine others aged between 12 and 13 and detailed his crime scenes to investigators.
Police are following leads to recover the bodies of the other children.
The killing of one of the children named in the confession sparked protests in Kamukuywa area in western Kenya. Residents torched the house of a person they suspected had killed the boy.
The suspect will now be charged for all the murders.
Here are some of the newspaper headlines on the child killings:
- From al-Shabab to the cabinet: Somalia’s move fuels debate
- Chad military govt agrees to launch peace talks with opposition
- London’s Horniman Museum to return Benin Bronzes to Nigeria
- ‘We’re also starving’: Ethiopia’s Afar says aid only going to Tigray
- Somalia names former al-Shabab spokesperson as religion minister