Zambia’s outgoing President Edgar Lungu has conceded defeat in the presidential election.
“I would like to congratulate my brother Hakainde Hichilema for being elected as the 7th president of mother Zambia,” he said in a broadcast on state TV.
Mr Lungu had earlier hinted that he would challenge the results of the election after accusing the opposition of fraud.
- From al-Shabab to the cabinet: Somalia’s move fuels debate
- Chad military govt agrees to launch peace talks with opposition
- London’s Horniman Museum to return Benin Bronzes to Nigeria
- ‘We’re also starving’: Ethiopia’s Afar says aid only going to Tigray
- Somalia names former al-Shabab spokesperson as religion minister