People in Morocco are voting in parliamentary and local elections.
Many voters are concerned about the economic impact of the coronavirus pandemic, which has also meant that no big political rallies could be held.
The moderate Islamist Justice and Development Party has led Morocco’s coalition governments over the past decade, but analysts say voters feel that parliament has little meaningful influence.
All real power continues to lie in the hands of King Mohammed VI.Article share tools
- Mali’s army says 17 soldiers, 4 civilians killed in Tessit attack
- From al-Shabab to the cabinet: Somalia’s move fuels debate
- Chad military govt agrees to launch peace talks with opposition
- London’s Horniman Museum to return Benin Bronzes to Nigeria
- ‘We’re also starving’: Ethiopia’s Afar says aid only going to Tigray