Morocco is introducing new coronavirus restrictions, including a night curfew, as infection rates rise.
The prime minister’s office tweeted that the curfew would begin Tuesday night and would last from 21:00 to 05:00 local time.
The statement also said travel between Marrakesh, Casablanca and Agadir would be banned except for those with a vaccination passport or for medical emergencies.
Morocco – along with other countries in North Africa – has seen an alarming rise in Covid infections – mainly from the Delta variant – in the past few weeks.Article share tools
- From al-Shabab to the cabinet: Somalia’s move fuels debate
- Chad military govt agrees to launch peace talks with opposition
- London’s Horniman Museum to return Benin Bronzes to Nigeria
- ‘We’re also starving’: Ethiopia’s Afar says aid only going to Tigray
- Somalia names former al-Shabab spokesperson as religion minister