Morocco will from Friday midnight suspend flights to and from France because of rising coronavirus cases.
The government said the decision was arrived at so as to preserve the country’s achievements in managing the pandemic.
France has been recording increased virus cases, with 33,464 reported on Thursday.
The French government announced new measures to curb the fifth wave that include giving booster vaccine doses.
The flight ban is likely to affect business between the two nations that share close ties.
- From al-Shabab to the cabinet: Somalia’s move fuels debate
- Chad military govt agrees to launch peace talks with opposition
- London’s Horniman Museum to return Benin Bronzes to Nigeria
- ‘We’re also starving’: Ethiopia’s Afar says aid only going to Tigray
- Somalia names former al-Shabab spokesperson as religion minister