At least 10 people have been killed in an attack by suspected jihadists in western Niger, reports say.
Officials in Tillabéri province said the insurgents used motor bikes to carry out raids on two villages, Danga-Zouani and Korombara, and farmers in neighbouring fields.
Grain stores and huts were also reportedly burned down.
Tillaberi is located in the tri-border zone linking Niger, Burkina Faso and Mali, a notoriously insecure area.
Hundreds have been killed and thousands displaced across the Sahel region by the continuing attacks by jihadist factions.
- Egypt’s pyramid of Cheops explored in virtual reality in Paris
- Burkina: NGOs denounce “extrajudicial executions of more than 40 people”
- Sudan: More than 50 dead from floods triggered by seasonal torrential rains
- Calls for peace in Kenya as presidential race tightens
- Mali’s army says 17 soldiers, 4 civilians killed in Tessit attack