Rwandan opposition figure and university lecturer Christopher Kayumba has been detained over rape allegations.
Mr Kayumba had honoured a summons from the investigating bureau on Thursday.
The bureau said it had closed investigations and handed him over for prosecution.
The leader of the Rwandan Platform for Democracy (RPD) was accused of rape just days after he launched his party.
He denied the allegations saying they were aimed at tarnishing his image and that of his party.Article share tools
- Mali’s army says 17 soldiers, 4 civilians killed in Tessit attack
- From al-Shabab to the cabinet: Somalia’s move fuels debate
- Chad military govt agrees to launch peace talks with opposition
- London’s Horniman Museum to return Benin Bronzes to Nigeria
- ‘We’re also starving’: Ethiopia’s Afar says aid only going to Tigray