The bodies of two women and four children are reported to have been found in the desert in south-western Tunisia.
They are understood to have been migrants from Niger, who apparently died of thirst.
A sole survivor of the group had left to try to find water, but got lost.
The migrants had crossed into Tunisia from Algeria – walking in the heat wave that’s currently gripping North Africa.
Tunisia is a point of departure for many people trying to reach Europe.
- Egypt’s pyramid of Cheops explored in virtual reality in Paris
- Burkina: NGOs denounce “extrajudicial executions of more than 40 people”
- Sudan: More than 50 dead from floods triggered by seasonal torrential rains
- Calls for peace in Kenya as presidential race tightens
- Mali’s army says 17 soldiers, 4 civilians killed in Tessit attack