It appears that internet services in Sudan have not been restored, several hours after a court ordered the three main telecommunications providers to restore access.
Sudan disrupted internet on 25 October following the coup in which Gen Abdel Fattah al-Burhan seized power and ousted civilian partners in a transitional government that had been established after Omar al-Bashir’s fall.
On Tuesday, a court ordered Zain, MTN and Sudani to restore internet services immediately.
However, the internet freedom monitor NetBlocks says the internet remains largely disrupted.
Pro-reform activists, who mobilised past demonstrations online, have however managed to organise rallies to demand the restoration of the transition despite the internet shutdown.
The latest protests called by local resistance committees is set for 13 November.
- Mali’s army says 17 soldiers, 4 civilians killed in Tessit attack
- From al-Shabab to the cabinet: Somalia’s move fuels debate
- Chad military govt agrees to launch peace talks with opposition
- London’s Horniman Museum to return Benin Bronzes to Nigeria
- ‘We’re also starving’: Ethiopia’s Afar says aid only going to Tigray