Sudan’s premier has arrived in Ethiopia as his country continues to absorb tens of thousands of refugees from the latter’s war-stricken Tigray region.
The influx comes as Sudan faces a political transition since last year’s ouster of strongman president Omar al-Bashir and an economic crisis marked by rapid inflation and rising poverty.
“Arrived at Addis Ababa today to meet with PM @AbiyAhmedAli”, the Sudanese Prime Minister Abdalla Hamdok wrote on his Twitter account on Sunday, referring to his Ethiopian counterpart Abiy Ahmed.
“I look forward to having productive discussions on political, humanitarian and security matters of common concern that serve the future of peace, stability and prosperity for our two sisterly nations and the region.”
Abiy in turn tweeted pictures of him meeting Hamdok at the airport.
The Sudanese prime minister, who was to stay in Ethiopia for two days, was accompanied by a large military and security delegation.
When fighting in Tigray broke out more than a month ago, Hamdok called on his Ethiopian counterpart to engage in negotiations with his opponents, and for African mediation to resolve the conflict.
Thousands have been killed, according to the International Crisis Group, and around 50,000 people have fled to refugee camps across the border in Sudan.
- To ascertain a brandname, effective advertising is important.
- Casual Dating 101: how to prevent Catching emotions (17 actions)
- Some individuals are searching for internet dating sites which are low priced, other people want web sites that really work effortlessly.
- FГ©lin sans avoir Г©crit – FR – Tchat sans aucun frais supplГ©mentaires de style
- Pistol Drills вЂ“ 3 to 7 Yards .The objective would be to shoot the group that is smallest feasible at any distance.