Tanzania’s President Samia Suluhu has announced the country’s first woman defence minister.
Stergomena Tax replaces Elias Kwandikwa, who died in August.
The president also revoked the appointment of three cabinet ministers and appointed a new attorney general.
Those sacked are the Communication Minister Faustine Ndugulile, Leonard Chamuriho (transport) and Medard Kalemani (energy).
President Suluhu brought back January Makamba whose appointment had been revoked by former President John Magufuli.
Mr Makamba will now head the energy ministry.
The president appointed Judge Eliezer Feleshi as the new attorney general to replace Adelardus Kilangi who has been appointed an ambassador.Article share tools
- Mali’s army says 17 soldiers, 4 civilians killed in Tessit attack
- From al-Shabab to the cabinet: Somalia’s move fuels debate
- Chad military govt agrees to launch peace talks with opposition
- London’s Horniman Museum to return Benin Bronzes to Nigeria
- ‘We’re also starving’: Ethiopia’s Afar says aid only going to Tigray