Tanzania’s Defence Minister Elias Kwandikwa died on Monday night while being treated in Dar es Salaam.
Mr Kwandikwa had been been in hospital for 14 days.
The MP’s secretary, Julius Lugobi, confirmed his death.
President Samia Suluhu Hassan said she was saddened by the minister’s death because of his significant contribution to public service.
“Kwandikwa was a staunch leader who was carrying out his duties in accordance with the rules and regulations,” President Samia said.
- Mali’s army says 17 soldiers, 4 civilians killed in Tessit attack
- From al-Shabab to the cabinet: Somalia’s move fuels debate
- Chad military govt agrees to launch peace talks with opposition
- London’s Horniman Museum to return Benin Bronzes to Nigeria
- ‘We’re also starving’: Ethiopia’s Afar says aid only going to Tigray