Tunisia’s parliament speaker Rached Ghannouchi was discharged from hospital on Sunday hours after he was admitted.
Mr Ghannouchi’s admission came days after he called out President Kais Saied’s move to suspend parliament and sack the prime minister and the cabinet.
The speaker had said the president’s move was a coup and he staged a sit-in outside parliament after being barred by soldiers.
Mr Ghannouchi’s party Ennahda did not disclose the reason for his admission in hospital.
Last month the powerful 80-year-old leader was treated for Covid-19.
- Egypt’s pyramid of Cheops explored in virtual reality in Paris
- Burkina: NGOs denounce “extrajudicial executions of more than 40 people”
- Sudan: More than 50 dead from floods triggered by seasonal torrential rains
- Calls for peace in Kenya as presidential race tightens
- Mali’s army says 17 soldiers, 4 civilians killed in Tessit attack