Zambia’s former President Edgar Lungu’s Facebook account has been deactivated.
Zambians on Twitter say the account was deactivated because of cyber bullying.
People had been making mean comments on Mr Lungu’s Facebook page that had more than one million likes.
The former head of state’s Twitter account is still available with some comments on his religious posts mocking him.
His Twitter account has a lesser following compared to the Facebook one – having more than 167,000 followers.
A youth leader in the new ruling party urged people not to attack the former president online;
- Mali’s army says 17 soldiers, 4 civilians killed in Tessit attack
- From al-Shabab to the cabinet: Somalia’s move fuels debate
- Chad military govt agrees to launch peace talks with opposition
- London’s Horniman Museum to return Benin Bronzes to Nigeria
- ‘We’re also starving’: Ethiopia’s Afar says aid only going to Tigray